Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Belt Railway of Chicago EMD SW Series Diesel Switcher in Bedford Park Illinois USA. March 1985.

1985 was a tough year for Me, as most of it was spent desperately trying to find employment. I took this photograph on a cloudy and cold day in March of 1985, while I was out pursuing job offers from the Chicago Sun Times classified section. This was one of the rare occasions where I had taken My 35mm Camera with Me on a job search. This photograph was taken around 70th Street and South Cicero Avenue, adjacent to the Belt Railway of Chicago's Clearing Yard. This yard is located alongside the Bedford Industrial Park. Unfortunately...I did not find any work on this gloomy day, However My unemployment compensation check had came in the previous friday. I bought a role of film, and took a few very nice behind the scenes photos of the Belt Railway of Chicago in late winter. The Febuary snows were melting and the ground was very soggy. This was a work day type of picture.

No comments: