Friday, December 28, 2007

Now arriving at Chicago Midway Airport.

Helo everyone!
Welcome to the "2007, End Of The Year" Edition of Eddie's Railfan Page. 2007 has been a trully great year of Blog Site Hosting for Myself, and I just want to thank all of You both Railfans, and Non Railfans alike for supporting My page.
Without Your informational input and stories, It just wouldn't be worthwhile hosting.

Here are some photo memorys I would like to share with all of You.

I took this photo looking west on West 55th Street near South Cicero Avenue, in early November of 2007. A commercial jet airliner is coming in for a landing at Chicago's Midway Airport. This place was originally named Chicago Municipal Airport when it had opened during the 1920's, and was later renamed Midway Airport, after the famous 1942 World War Two Pacific battle at Midway island. A U.S victory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddie, I hope you had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year..your site is one that I check everyday, and I thank you for it.
I have been promising you photos of a few sites around Chicago like the old Crane Building when it was being torn down, and now that I saw one of Washburn, I will get that one for you as well...and many others...I will make that one of my New Years resolutions and get those photos to you. Happy New Year Eddie, and again...Thank You
Dennis

Eddie said...

Happy New Year Dennis!
Thank You for supporting
Eddie's Railfan Page. I am
so glad that You find My local Chicagoland site entertaining and informative. Good friends like You and a few others make it happen.
Fonzie on the TV Show Happy Days would proboubly say...
"Hey! Railfan Blog Sites are COOL"!

Happy Holidays to You buddy.
Thanks dennis.

Eddie K.