Tuesday, May 12, 2009

BNSF Railway crossing gate. Riverside Illinois USA. Early October 2007.

BNSF Railway crossing gate. Riverside Illinois. Early October 2007.

Hi everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page.

I took this photo one lovely early Autum afternoon, in October of 2007. One of My favorite areas to go railfanning lineside with a camera in My hand around the Greater Chicagoland Area, has definately got to be the very pleasant and scenic village of west suburban Riverside Illinois. This lovely and quiant suburban town, is located on the busy BNSF Railway's 3 track Chicago to Aurora mainline. I don't remember the name of the street or photo location in this photo, but I do recall that this was located somewhere west of Harlem Avenue / Illinois U.S Route # 43.
It is a nice place to spend an afternoon of walking, shopping,or just enjoying some fresh air outdoors. I have photographed trains here in west suburban Riverside Illinois, begining in the mid 1980's during the days of the predecessor railroad Burlington Northern.

No comments: