Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Southbound Pace /Niles Free Bus on Harlem Avenue during a severe thunderstorm. Niles Illinois USA. Friday, June 19th 2009.

Southbound Pace /Niles Free Bus on Harlem Avenue. Niles Illinois. Friday, June 19th 2009 Chicago severe thunderstorm.

Hi everyone!
welcome aboard the "Bus Day" edition of Eddie's Railfan Page.

I took this photo on Friday, June 19th 2009 at approximately 11:00 AM. On this day, the greater Chicagoland area was hit hard by a freak storm system. The National Weather Service had issued a severe thunderstorm warning for the entire Chicago area effective until 3:00 PM. There were frequent heavy and very torrential downpours, with many sewers being overwhelmed. many streets and house basements were flooded. Hail and downed tree limbs were a big problem as well as numerous power outages.

We are heading southbound on Harlem Avenue near the intersection at Touhy in north suburban Niles Illinois. I was on My lunchbreak at the time, and captured some spectacular severe weather conditions on My digital camera. My cars windshield wipers were at full speed when I took this photo. It was a very nasty day!

No comments: