Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pennsylvania Railroad EMD SW 1 yard switcher locomotive.

I found this photo at My Link page Fallen Flags.Org, located to the right of Your computer screen.

Although I have many of My own photographs of railroad subjects, I still occasionally feel a need to post photos of historic railroad subjects from decades past for reference purposes.

Fallen Flags.Org...has become one of My all time favorite historic railroad photo pages.

I grew up on the near southwest side of Chicago Illinois Myself, during the 1960's, 70's and 80's. Many people have told Me, that the former Pennsylvania Railroad, had a large prescence on the southside of Chicago and nearby northwest Indiana.

This photo shows one of the Pennsylvania Railroads own EMD SW 1 yard switchers, from the early diesel era dating from the 1940's and 50's era.

Fallen Flags.Org, is an absolutely wonderful website to look for historic reference photos like these.

For more information...log on to
www.rr-fallenflags.org

No comments: