Friday, September 16, 2011

An old 1950's and 60's era ice cream truck in Chicago's Pulman neighborhood. Chicago Illinois USA. June 1985.

Hi everybody!

Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page, from the city of Chicago Illinois USA.

Some of My most historic and well liked photos that are seen here at Eddie's Railfan Page, are simply mere random snap shots I had taken just for the heck of it all.

I took this photo, during a local walking tour of Chicago's historic Pulman Village neighborhood on the far southeast side of Chicago, way back in June of 1985.

The 1950's have long since came and went, but somehow...I was lucky to find this old 1950's era stepvan ice cream truck, rolling through the historic Pulman neighborhood, in a scene from Chicago's neighborhoods past.

I was born in 1962, and grew up seeing theseold 1950's era ice cream trucks like this one, seling frozen custard ice cream in My old neighborhood during the 1960's and early 1970's era.

Mello Freeze and Mister Softee, were the two most frequent visitors to My old near southwest side Chicago neighborhood selling ice cream back then from a panel truck like this.

No comments: