Thursday, November 29, 2012

Illinois Central Railroad EMD SW 9 yard switcher in the black pre 1967 color scheme.

I took this photograph recently, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club.

I grew up on the near southwest side of Chicago during the 1960's, 70's and 80's.
During this period, I would often enjoy seeing
the equipment from the Illinois Central, the
Gulf, Mobile & Ohio, and the 1972 merger era
Illinois Central Gulf railroad.

Seen here on the club layout, is my Life Like Proto 2000 Series model of an Illinois Central Railroad EMD model SW 9 diesel electric yard switcher locomotive. This engine, is painted in the pre 1967 black and white Illinois Central color scheme with the I.C Green Diamond corporate logo on the side of the cab.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: