Friday, January 03, 2014

Cincinnati Transit General Motors "Old Look" ( 1950's era) 40 foot transit bus.

 
From the mid 1940's through the 1950's and 60's era, the General Motors pre 1959 "Old Look" transit buses, were a common everyday sight in cities across the United States and Canada.
 
I found this photograph at my link page Northern California Bus Fans, which is located to the right of your computer screen at www.norcalbusfans.com (This is a really cool photo site to view.)
 
This photograph is dedicated today to my good friend and former Chicagoan Dennis Madia who resides today in Cincinnati Ohio, and has given me much support here at my blogsite.
 
Hi Dennis!   Greetings from Chicago friend. Happy new year too.
 
Cincinnati Transit GM old look bus # 354, which looks like it may have been photographed in service perhaps during the late 1960's or early 1970's, is photographed passing through what looks like downtown Cincinnati Ohio.
 
The open front door on bus # 354 in this photograph, indicates that this could be a very hot and humid summer day with outside temperatures in the 90's. I rode these buses in Chicago during the 1960's and early 1970's when I was growing up in Chicago. As I recall, the Chicago Transit Authority ones were "NOT" air conditioned. It was open window traveling on the hot days definatelly.
 
Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: