Thursday, January 30, 2014

Mason Williams - Classical Gas (Original Version) 1968


Hi everyone!

This is Eddie K, your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.


One of my favorite instrumental songs on the charts that I remember from when I was growing up in Chicago during the late 1960's, was the 1968 hit single "Classical Gas" by guitarist Mason Williams.


Although this song has nothing to do with "Buses", I often imagined myself riding aboard a Greyhound or Trailways long distance motorcoach bus, with this particular song playing in my head as we zip down the highway.


I used to own the 1968 album entitled "The Mason William's Phonograph Record", which featured a photo of a clean shaven Mason Williams posing in front of a huge photograph of a Greyhound bus folded in half. I still might own this one in my collection today. It has been awhile.


Thanks.

Eddie K.




 

No comments: