Thursday, January 02, 2014

The Fleetwood Skating Rink. (Roller skating.) Summit Illinois. December 2013.

Wintertime is here, and many families are heading to enjoy fun indoor activities.

The Fleetwood Roller Rink in southwest suburban Summit Illinois, is a place that I was all too familiar with being an avid roller skater myself during the 1970's and early 1980's.

I haven't skated here since at least 1983, and my working way across town in Chicago's far northern suburbs doesn't help my cause very much these days. I have happy memories of this place, and I hope to someday return here, put on my skates, and enjoy skating some laps to some good skating music courtesy of the DJ, or the snack bar juke box.

Unfortunately...there are "NO" roller rinks near Elmwood Park Illinois today, since the Axel Roller Rink in neighboring Norridge Illinois closed in 1985.

Other than roller blading outside in a park or two during the dry and milder weather times of the year, I hope to eventually return to the Fleetwood, or some of the other places I used to skate at like the Lombard Roller Rink. (Hopefully soon.)

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: