Monday, February 03, 2014

Spreading rock salt during a snowstorm on North Kilbourn Avenue. Chicago Illinois. December 1st, 2006.

I took this photograph during a heavy lake effect morning snowstorm, back on December 1st, 2006.

The snow is falling heavy and fast, being assisted by a gusty wind blowing out of the west. Not a very nice morning to commute to work or anywhere.

The equipment and manpower from the City of Chicago Department of Streets and Sanitation, is getting a real workout today.

Seen here in action, is the rear mounted salt spreader attatchment on a city owned dump truck, trying to stay a step or two ahead of the dangerous black ice and slippery driving conditions on North Kilbourn Avenue.

3 comments:

Anthony C said...

Come on, Eddie. How did you get that "Ice" truck next to the salt spreader? LOL

Eddie said...

Believe it or not...I didn't even notice that ice truck when I took that photograph, let alone when I posted it on my blogsite.

Good spotting Anthony!

I hope that we can get together hopefully sometime this spring for one of those fun photo outings.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

Anthony C said...

We'll do it, Ed!