Thursday, February 06, 2014

My H.O scale model of a 1950's era General Motors transit bus wearing a 1976 era American Bi Centenial commemorative paint job.

Hi everyone!
This is Eddie K, your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

One of my personal and very fond memories from growing up during the 1970's, was the very patriotic American Bicentenial Celebration in 1976, which commemorated the 200th anniversary, of the signing of the American Declaration of Independence (From England) on July 4th, 1776.

During this period beginning around 1974 or so, many transportation companies ranging from railroads, bus companies, and even metropolitan public works municipality operations, painted some vehicles in their fleets in to unique patriotic color schemes.

Back in the recent years when I once actually had a little space for a small H.O scale model railroad where I used to reside...I purchased this undecorated plastic American Precision Scale Models kit for a 1950's era General Motors transit bus, and painted it in to my own rendition of a generic 1976 era Bi Centenial paint job.

After I eventually joined the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club in Oak Park Illinois...this American Bi Centenial bus was donated by myself to the club, and can be seen on the club layout today.

My bus represents an older and soon to possibly be retired city bus, that spent it's last few operating years on the fleet in this commemorative paint job. This was actually typical in some American cities.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: